San Mateo Homeowners: You Should Know

As if going through a short sale or foreclosure of your home isn’t enough, you may not be insured.  If your home is vacant you still need homeowners’ insurance – maybe even a specific kind of insurance.

California Insurance Commissioner warns, “Having an unoccupied home can create several insurance implications that typically are not covered under a standard homeowners’ policy.”

Commissioner Poizner advises, “Before you decide to leave a home vacant or  unoccupied for a long period of time, talk to your insurance agent…”

Thanks to Kelly Corwell of Farmers Insurance for this really important info.

Kelly Corwell, MBA
Farmers Insurance Agency Owner
635 Mariners Island Blvd #202
San Mateo
650-763-8844 Office

Vacant Homes Press Release CA

Speak Your Mind